If your daughter is getting married, youre probably wondering about your role. A daughters wedding is a very exciting time in a moms life, but it can also be stressful with all of the many details to think about, and the politics of planning an event with family. Many mothers need a little bit of guidance at some point during the process.
- If your family is very traditional, you might want to follow the mother of the bride custom of outfit picking. Traditionally, the mother of the bride chooses her outfit first, then informs the mother of the groom of her choice. This is not often done nowadays, but it is always a good idea to communicate with the mother of your soon-to-be son-in-law before the wedding. It is also always wise to simply ask your daughter about her thoughts regarding your attire. She may have very specific ideas about what she wants you to wear.
- It is traditional to avoid white, cream, champagne and ecru so that your outfit doesnt compete with your daughter's. Additionally, black and red are usually frowned upon as slightly inappropriate color choices, according to the website The Knot. That said, it is always possible to buck the trend with just the right outfit. If you are particularly fashion-conscious, you may want to experiment. Just be sure to run your choices by your daughter.
- Tradition states that the brides family should be the one to pay for the wedding. Just as with many marriage traditions, this rule is not hard and fast. These days it is common for both sides of the family to contribute financially to weddings. When your daughter starts the process of planning the wedding, sit down with her and discuss how much you are able and willing to contribute. This will help her figure out how much she needs from other family members and how much she will need to contribute herself, according to the website Our Marriage.
- Your number one responsibility as the mother of the bride is to make the wedding planning as easy as you can for your daughter. Planning a wedding can be a complex, stressful and difficult process with some pretty high stakes. Be willing to do the busy work, like assembling favors and organizing guest lists, and offer to take one or two parts of the planning entirely on your shoulders, like the flowers or music (with your daughter's input, of course). Try to make yourself as available as possible to help out and remember: Whatever stress you feel, your daughter feels more.
- One of the most cherished parts of a wedding for the mother of the bride is the getting ready. It is a good idea to prepare for this by figuring out where it will take place, according to Cheap Chic Weddings. If your daughters wedding is in a hotel, book a large room so you have plenty of space. If the wedding is outdoors, make sure you have an indoor space with plenty of mirrors ready to go.
Wedding Planning, Ideas & Etiquette Bridal Guide Magazinewww.bridalguide.com
Wedding Attire You Should Never Wear On Someone's Big Day - Huffington Post; Halle Berry Wedding Dress Predictions: Roberto Cavalli Dishes on Flattering ...
Wedding Planning Help and Wedding Ideaswww.hitched.co.uk
Our free wedding planning website and guides can help you with every aspect of getting married from the engagement through to your honeymoon. We have wedding ...
You and Your Weddingwww.youandyourwedding.co.uk
Wedding planning with You & Your Wedding magazine. Everything you need to know about planning a wedding from the wedding experts at the UK's best-read wedding ...
Wedding Dresses Magazine: All the Wedding Dresses and Designers of ...www.weddingdresses.comWedding Dresses Getting Married in Color
The ultimate resource for wedding dresses and wedding fashion. Everything you need to know about your wedding gown!
Etiquette Hell Your site has redeemed the web and my faith ...www.etiquettehell.com
"There are some basic, fundamental rules to life and personal relationships- and that the poised will someday be victorious over the tacky heathens of the world!"
Wedding Planning: from Wedding Dresses to Wedding Venues on Onewed ...www.onewed.com
31 Wedding Trends to Hitch or Ditch. As a wedding blogger and a bride-to-be, I can go from loving to loathing any top trend in two shakes of a lamb's tail.
Brides Up North - UK Wedding Blog, Wedding Fairs & Events In ...bridesupnorth.com
Its All About You, Baby. A Real Engagement In The Lake District Linzi & MIke . July 11th, 2013 Brides Up North: UK Wedding Blog
Polka Dot Bride Inspiring Weddings - The Premier Australian ...www.polkadotbride.com
Alex and Ryan. There is something very magical about returning home for a wedding. Alex and Ryan organised their wedding from Qatar a Victorian vineyard ...
Rock n Roll Bride Your Big Day the Rock n Roll Way ...www.rocknrollbride.com
Your Big Day the Rock n Roll Way Alternative Wedding Inspiration