Destination weddings allow couples to combine their wedding and honeymoon in one location and celebrate their nuptials in an exotic locale with close family and friends. Attending a destination wedding requires more planning for guests---and, often, additional expenses. However, guests who attend a destination wedding should give the couple a gift, and there are a number of considerations to make when selecting one for the bride and groom.
When to Send
- It is best to send the wedding gift to the bride and groom before or after their destination wedding. That way, you don't have to lug a gift on your trip, and the bride and groom don't have to worry about transporting gifts back home. If you select a gift from the couple's wedding registry, you can often choose to have the store ship the gift directly to the couple's home.
What to Give
- Purchasing a gift from the couple's registry is always the safest bet when it comes to wedding gifts. Since destination weddings often result in added expenses for guests, you can feel free to choose a registry gift with a lower price point, if necessary. Housewares, from kitchen gadgets to bed and bath products, are perfect for a couple starting their lives together and stocking their home.
- Destination weddings give guests the opportunity to choose unique gifts as well. Since you'll be vacationing with the couple before---and perhaps after---their wedding ceremony, you can seek out creative gifts specific to your destination. For example, if you're staying at an all-inclusive resort, consider purchasing the couple his-and-hers massages at the resort's spa. Or, find a nice restaurant at the location, and get the couple a gift card. Be sure to give the couple their gift with plenty of time to enjoy it before they head home.
- Attending a destination wedding can be expensive. Most couples understand that guests are incurring these additional expenses and realize that it might affect what gifts they receive. According to Smart Money's Wedding Etiquette Gift Guide, guests can choose more inexpensive gifts for a destination wedding to compensate for the added cost of attending the event.
For Guests Not Attending
- Perhaps you can't afford to attend the destination wedding or you don't have the vacation time to get away from work. Smart Money suggests guests still send a gift even if they cannot attend the wedding. (see Reference 2) Even if you choose a smaller gift, the couple will appreciate your generosity.
Wedding Gift Etiquetteweddings.lovetoknow.com Weddings Wedding Etiquette
Includes: gift etiquette for the happy couple, wedding gift etiquette for guests, and wedding present etiquette wrapped up.
Wedding Etiquette Tips: Destination Wedding : Brideswww.brides.com/.../2014/02/destination-wedding-etiquette-questions
Don't let logistics get in the way of your dream destination wedding. Our wedding etiquette experts weigh in on how to plan a drama-free getaway.
Wedding Registry Etiquette - Questions About Wedding Giftswedding.theknot.com Ask Carley Q+A
Wedding Registry Etiquette - If you wondering what to register for TheKnot.com has everything on wedding registry etiquette. Have questions about wedding gifts? The ...
Destination Wedding Etiquette - Destination Wedding Detailsdestinationweddingdetails.com/destination-wedding-etiquette.html
Destination Wedding Etiquette. Destination wedding etiquette, that s what this section is all about! I know you have tons of questions! All of us who have planned ...
Wedding Etiquette - Wedding Invitation Etiquette - Wedding Gift ...wedding.theknot.com/wedding-questions.aspx
Wedding Etiquette - Learn the ins and outs of wedding invitation and gift etiquette online at The Knot.
Destination Weddings Etiquette Advice : Brideswww.brides.com/.../wedding-etiquette/2010/05/destinationweddings
Our etiquette experts answer all of your destination wedding-related questions.
Destination Weddings Etiquette - Proper Wedding Invitation and ...www.destinationweddingmag.com/.../12-destination-wedding-etiquette...
Make your guests feel at ease by minding the proper ps and qs of destination wedding etiquette. To get you the help you need, we turned to three etiquette ...
Wedding Gift Etiquette - DoodleLyn on HubPagesdoodlelyn.hubpages.com Weddings and Wedding Planning
When you receive a wedding invitation in the mail, you are faced with a common and sometimes frustrating dilemma. The wedding gift!! What to get, how much to spend ...
Gift Giving for a Destination Wedding - Ask Me Help Deskwww.askmehelpdesk.com Society & Culture Etiquette
My husband and I are attending a destination wedding that is going to cost the two of us a total of \00 just to be in attendance for our friends
Wedding Gift Etiquette - About.com Etiquetteetiquette.about.com/od/Receptions/a/Wedding-Gift-Etiquette.htm
Etiquette helps for wedding guests ... The game show Family Feud once asked survey participants to list their most favorite part of a wedding.
Wedding Gift Etiquette Questions and Answers, Traditions Advice ...www.ourweddingday.com/advice/Traditions/Wedding-Gift-Etiquette...
Top 8 Questions Answered by Experts There are many questions regarding wedding gift etiquette; many of which are cut and dry, others that are not.
Destination Weddings Forumwww.bestdestinationwedding.com/f
Wedding Etiquette, Traditions, to dos Destination Wedding Dresses, Wedding Attire & rings Buy, Sell, Trade or Freebies! Wedding Registry, Wedding Gift ...
Wedding Gift Etiquette - Top Wedding Questionswww.topweddingquestions.com/forum/34-wedding-gift-etiquette
Wedding Gift Etiquette (Mark this forum as read) Topic Started By Stats; How many thank yous to send for pre-wedding gifts gifts received before the wedding
wedding photos - destination - TheKnot.com - Wedding Planning ...www.theknot.com/weddings/albums/destination
Browse through real wedding photos of destination weddings ... Thara & Joel in Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Gift Bag Ideas for Wedding Welcome Bags Destination Weddings and ...www.destinationweddingmag.com/gallery/creative-welcome-bag-ideas
Your guests are going the distance to attend your destination wedding, so show your appreciation and show off your wedding location with these fun welcome ...
The Refined Rules of Wedding Gift Etiquette Fox News Magazinemagazine.foxnews.com/love/refined-rules-wedding-gift-etiquette
10/8/2012 When it comes to giving wedding gifts, it can be hard to know what to give or how much to spend.
Destination Wedding - Project Weddingwww.projectwedding.com/wedding-ideas/destination-wedding
Destination wedding: Planning, travel and tips! ... The destination wedding possibilities are almost endless, but you can narrow them down by focusin...
Wedaholic.com: The Etiquette Of Asking For Cash Wedding Giftswww.wedaholic.com/...etiquette_of_asking_for_cash_wedding_gifts.php
I received this question from a bride-to-be regarding the etiquette of how to ask for cash wedding gifts. "I was actually wondering if there was a nice way to ask for ...
Wedding Gift Giving Etiquette - Shop Wedding Favors, Baby Shower ...www.beau-coup.com/gift_giving_etiquette.htm
Beau-coup is your best source for useful tips and ideas for wedding gift etiquette.
Wedding Etiquette - Etiquette at Weddings - Wedding Mannersweddings.weddingchannel.com/.../wedding-etiquette.aspx
It's important to understand wedding etiquette when planning your wedding. WeddingChannel.com discusses proper bridal shower etiquette, wedding etiquette and more.