A milestone anniversarywhether its your first, 25th or 50this the perfect excuse to bring together your closest family and friends and celebrate like you did on your wedding day. Wedding anniversary party invitations should include details about the celebration and RSVP information. Following proper etiquette rules ensures that your guests know just what to expect. Likewise, party guests should respond within the given time frame so that the hosts have adequate time to prepare.
- It is important to send out your wedding anniversary party invitations with enough time that your guests can clear their schedules and prepare for the event. However, if you send it too early, guests might misplace the invitation or forget about the event altogether. The Emily Post Institute recommends that hosts send out wedding anniversary party invitations three to six weeks in advance of the event.
- The formality of your wording depends on the formality of the event. If youre hosting a formal, black-tie gala to celebrate your wedding anniversary, then use formal wording similar to your wedding invitation. Anniversary Ideas recommends formal wording to include third-person phrasing, spelled-out street names (for example, Road, Boulevard or Avenue) and spelled-out days, dates and times. If youre hosting a casual get-together, omit this formal wordingsecond person, abbreviations and numbers are acceptable.
- The content of your invitation should give guests an idea of what to expect. Include the hosts names (whether thats the anniversary couple or a family member or friend), anniversary year, event location and time. The invitation should also indicate what type of celebration will take place. For example, if the couple plans to renew their vows with a dinner and dancing reception to follow, then indicate Reception immediately following or Reception to follow on the invitation. It is also important to include RSVP information on the invitation.
- Formal etiquette guidelines indicate that you should not mention gifts on the invitation, even if you want to include a No gifts please comment. Of course, guests may choose to bring cards or gifts or make charitable donations in the couples honor, but it is best to exclude any gift information on the invitation.
- Once they receive the invitation, guests should promptly respond to the event. Follow the indications on the invitationthe hosts may ask that you call or email with your reply or return a reply card to them. Even if the invitation does not request a reply, the Emily Post Institute recommends calling the host to let them know if youre attending. It is best not to change your response, so reply only when you are certain of your plans. The Emily Post Institute states that changing a yes to a no is only acceptable on account of illness or injury, a death in the family or an unavoidable professional or business conflict.
Crane and Co. Wedding Etiquette for Invitationswww.crane.com/etiquette/wedding/wedding-invitations
A line by line guide for wedding invitations by Crane and Co.
Wedding Invitation Etiquettewww.basicinvite.com/wedding-etiquette/wedding-invitation-etiquette
Invitational Line. Traditionally, the parents of the bride issue wedding invitations. This tradition dates back to the days when a bride's father made the marriage ...
Unique wedding invitations - Get ideas, wording and etiquette tipswww.weddingpaperdivas.com/unique-wedding-invitations-stationery.htm
Create Unique Wedding invitations with photos! Get 8 free unique wedding invitations' samples and shop by style, color and theme online.
Wedding Invitation Etiquette, Bridal Shower Invitation Etiquette ...www.weddingpaperdivas.com/.../general-wedding-invitation-etiquette.htm
Wedding Invitation Etiquette at Wedding Paper Divas. Your source for bridal shower invitation etiquette and wedding rules.
50th Wedding Anniversary Etiquette Etiquette Guideetiquette-guide.com/50th-wedding-anniversary-etiquette
This article will help you handle what to give for a 50th wedding anniversary, as well as tips for planning a 50th wedding anniversary party (like who to invite).
Wedding Invitation Wording Wedding Invitation Etiquettewww.beautifulweddinginvitations.com/etiquette.php
Wedding Invitation Etiquette is a big word for the rules of social conduct that our society considers to be appropriate
Etiquette Questions About 50th Anniversary Invitations eHowwww.ehow.com Parties Anniversary Parties
Like all parties, 50th anniversary parties require careful planning. You only have one chance to celebrate a once-in-a-lifetime event like a golden anniversary, so it ...
Wedding Invitation Etiquette - Invitation Boxwww.invitationbox.com/etiquette-for-wedding-invitations.html
The appropriate etiquette for any kind of wedding invitation.
Wedding Invitation Etiquette Perfect Wedding Guidewww.perfectweddingguide.com/wedding-invitation-etiquette
There are so many different things to consider when picking out your wedding invitations! From paper weight to font size to colors and envelope options, the number of ...
Wedding and Party Invitations Etiquette MyGatsbywww.mygatsby.com/blog/invitation-etiquette
Proper etiquette for wedding invitations, birth announcements, bridal showers and more. Create the proper wording for invitations. Tips and suggestions for who to ...