Wedding favor etiquette dictates that, while not required, small tokens work well as a gesture of gratitude. Favors also provide each guest with a memento of your special day. Wedding favors range from keepsake items to edible favors. Whether you choose candles, coasters, almonds or fortune cookies, your wedding favors should reflect your wedding theme.
- Plan to offer at least one favor to each guest, including children. Order or make extra favors, in case one gets damaged before the reception. All the favors should be of equal value. Select different favors for men, women and children, or give everyone the same gift. If you have a small budget for favors, give one favor to each couple and include a label addressed to both guests. Opt for such simple favors as a single flower.
- Whether your favors are elaborate items or inexpensive tokens, personalize them so they stand out. Always affix a small note to each favor with the date and the wedding couple's names. Add the recipient's name if you plan to set a wedding favor at each place setting. Leave off guests' names if your favors will be displayed together on a table.
- Couples often give guests such edible wedding favors as chocolates, gourmet candy, cupcakes and personalized cookies. Order personalized candies in your wedding colors--include the name of the bride and groom, as well as the wedding date. Save money and make your own edible favors. Fill small pails with chocolate-covered fruits and nuts or give guests jam in small jars. Give tins with mints, small boxes of tea or coffee, or cellophane bags filled with hard or fruity candies and closed with a ribbon. Choose boxes, containers and ribbons that reflect your wedding theme.
- Presentation is just as important as the favor itself. Favors should be elegant in appearance. Place flower favors in a pot or a small decorative cardboard box wrapped with a ribbon. Wrap stemmed flowers in cones of white parchment and secure them with ribbons. Use decorative boxes with complementary ribbons. Use ribbons and cellophane to wrap such odd-shaped favors as small garden pails or teacups filled with candy.
- Traditional favor etiquette calls for placing favors in the center of each plate setting, at the head of the place setting or on each chair. However, as long as the favor gets to the guest, you can set the favors anywhere. For instance, if you will have valet parking, ask the valet to leave a favor inside each guest's car. Place favors inside large decorative bowls in the center of each table. For a buffet-style reception, pile the favors on a table near the exit for the guests to take on their way out. For a beach wedding, provide a table of flip-flops at the guest entrance to the beach.
- Incorporate your wedding theme and colors into your favors. For instance, if you are planning a garden wedding, select small, individually potted flowers or miniature plants. Choose items that reflect your wedding colors, such as small picture frames, candles, personalized soaps, lip balms and bath crystals. Tie a beach theme together--offer guests flip-flops in your wedding colors. Customize paper fans, luggage tags or miniature globes if you plan to hold a travel-themed wedding.
Wedding Etiquette - Etiquette at Weddings - Wedding Mannersweddings.weddingchannel.com/.../wedding-etiquette.aspx
It's important to understand wedding etiquette when planning your wedding. WeddingChannel.com discusses proper bridal shower etiquette, wedding etiquette and more.
Top Wedding Questions - Everything about your ceremony, the ...www.topweddingquestions.com
Contains wedding etiquette advice given in a forum style website.
Wedding Favor Etiquette - Shop Wedding Favors, Baby Shower Favors ...www.beau-coup.com/wedding_favors_etiquette.htm
Baby Shower Gift Ideas at Beaucoup Wedding Favors. Your source for baby shower themes and ideas for baby shower favors.
Shop Wedding Favors, Baby Shower Favors & More Beau-coupwww.beau-coup.com
For over 10 years, delighting customers with unique wedding favors, baby shower favors and party supplies for all occasions. Thousands of custom favors!
Wedding Invitations - Custom Templates, Unique Ideas & Etiquette Tipswww.weddingpaperdivas.comWedding Invitations Bridal Shower Save The Date Cards
Get 8 Free Wedding Invitations samples. Free design consultation, photo upload and unique personalization tools to ensure the perfect wedding invitations.
Wedding Etiquette - Wedding Invitation Etiquette - Wedding Gift ...wedding.theknot.com/wedding-questions.aspx
Wedding Etiquette - Learn the ins and outs of wedding invitation and gift etiquette online at The Knot.
Wedding Favors - Bridal Shower Favors - Wedding Favor Ideastrulyweddingfavors.com
Wedding Favors, Unique Wedding Favors, Bridal Shower Favors and More! Order Online or Call Toll Free at 1-888-448-7859. Fast Shipping, Overnight Available.
Wedding Favors - Wedding Party Favorswedding.theknot.com Wedding Planning
Wedding Favors - Wondering what the latest trend is in wedding favors? TheKnot.com has the latest on wedding favors, wedding party favors, bridal shower favors and so ...
Wedding Etiquette - Welcome to OurMarriage.comourmarriage.com/html/wedding_etiquette.html
Wedding planning advice to make your special day perfect. Find unique wedding ideas, wedding etiquette, wedding customs and traditions, bridal gown shopping tips ...
Bliss! Weddings - Wedding Planning, Wedding Etiquette, Bridal ...www.blissweddings.com
For wedding planning enthusiasts, Bliss! Weddings is a valuable wedding planning resource with bridal guides, articles for the bride and bridesmaid, wedding etiquette ...