- For a second wedding, the couple is responsible for distributing the invitations. This means that the bride and groom can make the invitations as original or intimate as possible. It is appropriate for a widow to include the title "Mrs.," as well as her married last name (given by her deceased husband) in the invitation. A young widow may choose to have her parents issue the invitations to her second wedding, even if her mother and father distributed the invitations for the first ceremony.
Since guest lists for second weddings are also usually shorter than for first weddings, original designs can be included in the invitations for a more affordable price, as well as personal messages thanking the couple's loved ones for their support and attendance.
Ceremony and Dress
- A widow who is remarrying should include her children in the planning and participation of the wedding ceremony, if possible. Sons and daughters should be the first people to be notified when the widow decides to get married again, and should give their "blessing" to the new union. Daughters can serve as bridesmaids or maids of honor in the wedding, and the oldest son can walk his mother down the aisle and give her away, if the bride so chooses. However, more than one child, or the bride's best friend, can walk her down the aisle as well.
Widows, according to etiquette, should wear light purple or lilac for their second wedding, but some brides choose to wear white again, which is acceptable.
- The reception can be as small or large as the new couple wants it to be. The wedding reception for a second marriage is not always hosted by the groom's family (which is traditional for first marriages), so the couple might choose instead to have a small dinner at a fine restaurant with close friends or loved ones, or to have a home dinner and celebration. If the reception is held at a larger venue, the receiving line should be different for a second wedding, according to etiquette, since the parents of the bride and groom may not be present. The bride and groom should be at the beginning of the receiving line, with their children next to them.
- For first marriages, many couples indicate the stores where they are registered in the invitation. This is often not the case for second marriages, and some couples decide that they don't want gifts. However, it's still a good idea to register for wedding presents in most cases, since guests will want to bring presents to express their love and support.
Second wedding gifts don't have to be traditional, and can be given to celebrate the lifestyle and habits of the new couple. Great gift ideas include electronics and gift baskets. Some couples ask that their guests make a donation to the bride or groom's favorite charity in lieu of a gift.
- If the wedding and overall planning for the ceremony will be a little more low-key, it's not imperative for a widow to have wedding attendants, ushers or a large wedding party for her second wedding. A rehearsal dinner is also not required, but an engagement party, as well as an announcement in the paper about the wedding, is perfectly acceptable.
Wedding Invitation Etiquette for a Widow eHowwww.ehow.com Wedding Stationery Wedding Invitations
Addressing a wedding invitation to a widow can be difficult for many who are worried about either offending or saddening the recipient. There is a basic etiquette ...
Etiquette for a Bride's Second Wedding eHowwww.ehow.com Culture & Society Etiquette Wedding Etiquette
Etiquette for a Bride's Second Wedding. These days it's hardly uncommon for a bride to have been married before. Women planning and preparing for a second marriage ...
Wedding Invitation Wording Wedding Invitation Etiquettewww.beautifulweddinginvitations.com/etiquette.php
Wedding Invitation Etiquette is a big word for the rules of social conduct that our society considers to be appropriate
Wedding - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaen.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wedding
A wedding is the ceremony in which two people are united in marriage. Wedding traditions and customs vary greatly between cultures, ethnic groups, religions ...
Wedaholic.com: How To Plan A Second Weddingwww.wedaholic.com/archives/how_to_plan_a_second_wedding.php
My sister announced at the weekend that she is getting remarried. This will be her second marriage. My family and I are so excited for her that she has found love ...
Second Marriage Wedding Party Etiquette Q&A - Second Wedding Party ...second.weddings.com/articles/second-wedding-party-etiquette.aspx
Second Marriage Wedding Party Etiquette Q&A - She's lucky enough to have found love again and lucky enough to have a best friend like you. What now? Here are answers ...
Second Wedding Invitation Etiquette at IDoTakeTwo.com Second ...www.idotaketwo.com/wedding_invitations.html
Second Weddings Etiquette Advice for second marriages at IDoTakeTwo.com
The Rules For Second Wedding Etiquette - Squidoo : Welcome to Squidoowww.squidoo.com Weddings Wedding Planning
I n the case of a second wedding, there are situations where good second wedding etiquette should be observed by the couple. Before the wedding: One example is it is ...
Second Wedding Ceremonies, Second Wedding Vows, Sample Wedding ...www.idotaketwo.com/second_marriage_ceremony.html
Second wedding ceremonies and vows for second marriages including samples and kits to help you write original wedding vows.
Top Wedding Questions - Everything about your ceremony, the ...www.topweddingquestions.com
Contains wedding etiquette advice given in a forum style website.
22. The Day of the Wedding. Post, Emily. 1922. Etiquettewww.bartleby.com Reference Emily Post Etiquette
Emily Post (18731960). Etiquette. 1922. Chapter XXII. The Day of the Wedding
Marriage Articles - Find Marriage Related Articles on ArticlesBase.comwww.articlesbase.com Relationships
Find Marriage articles at ArticlesBase.com a free articles directory. Submit your articles for free distribution and find Marriage content for your website, Ezine or ...
Second Marriage Ceremony for Widow and Widower - The Wedding ...jonathanjordan.squarespace.com/the-wedding-ceremony/second...
ThoughtSculpting: Essays, Themes, Opinions. PrimaryColors: Constructs, Practical Ideas, Applications. VersePainting: Poetry, Impression Writing. WordShaping:
Wedding Crashers (2005) - Quotes - IMDbwww.imdb.com/title/tt0396269/quotes
Wedding Crashers (2005) Quotes on IMDb: Memorable quotes and exchanges from movies, TV series and more...
Newport Manners - Ask Didiwww.newportmanners.com/weddingaddressing.asp
Ask Didi - Didi Lorillard answers all your etiquette and manners questions on wedding etiquette, dress codes, proper manners,phone etiquette,etiquette dos, etiquette ...
Etiquette Grrls Wedding Q&Awww.etiquettegrrls.com/pages/qaarch_weddings.html
The Etiquette Grrls' Q & A Archive: Weddings. Dear Etiquette Grrls, I have two friends who are grooms to be. B. had announced his engagement in October and set a ...
Etiquette - Breanna's Main Pagewww.breannas.com/etiquette.htm
The proper etiquette for informing friends and guests about your registry is to ask your bridesmaids, mothers and relatives to spread the word.
Second Marriage - Questions About Planning A Wedding? Ask Mikki!www.wedalert.com/content/wedding_advice/archived.asp?topicid=43&...
Wedding Etiquette Questions - Mikki Viereck has been answering wedding related questions for over 25 years. Need help? Ask Mikki.
Wedding Etiquette eInvite.com - Wedding Invitations, Get ...www.einvite.com/info/etiquette?segment=wording-your-invitation...
eInvite.com offers unique, top quality custom printed wedding invitations and other paper goods from industry leading manufacturers with instant online proofing and ...
Welcome to OurMarriage.comourmarriage.com
Wedding planning advice to make your special day perfect. Find unique wedding ideas, wedding etiquette, wedding customs and traditions, bridal gown shopping tips ...