- Etiquette dictates that wedding presents are optional expressions of affection. The scale and cost of the happy couple's nuptials have no bearing on whether a gift should be given or on the amount a gift should cost. Assuming that the bride and groom follow the conventions of etiquette, you will never be asked why you did not give a present or whether your present is late, as that is the ultimate in rudeness.
- The traditionally held belief is that a wedding gift can be given up to a year after the event. While this may be a rule that many follow, it is considered bad form to wait so long.
- According to the Emily Post Institute, "Guests do not have a year in which to send a gift. The gift should be sent within three months of the wedding, at the outside."
- If you know in advance that your present will be late for a valid reason, such as financial hardship, it never hurts to explain the situation to the bride or groom. That way the couple will know you are thinking of them and will be even more appreciative of your gift when it does arrive.
How to Give Late
- Although it is preferable to give in a timely manner, "It's never too late to send a gift," according to GiftStasher.com. Indeed, a belated present is usually a pleasant surprise for the recipient. However, as Miss Manners reminds us, "People do not like to hear that someone was too busy or too forgetful to think of them." Skip the lengthy apology and focus on finding the couple a memorable gift.
Many registries remain open for a year after the wedding, providing guidance to the belated giver. Remember to ask the couple if their registry is up-to-date prior to purchasing, to avoid buying a duplicate item.
If more than a year has passed since the wedding and you still wish to give a gift, consider sending the not-so-newlyweds with an anniversary present instead.
Top Wedding Questions - Everything about your ceremony, the ...www.topweddingquestions.com
Contains wedding etiquette advice given in a forum style website.
Wedding Gift Etiquette Guide - Gift Ideas, Birthday Gifts, Mother ...www.gifts.com/Wedding-Etiquette.html
Wedding Gift Etiquette Nine tips for nuptial gifting from the editors of Gifts.com.
Wedaholic.com: The Etiquette Of Asking For Cash Wedding Giftswww.wedaholic.com/...etiquette_of_asking_for_cash_wedding_gifts.php
I received this question from a bride-to-be regarding the etiquette of how to ask for cash wedding gifts. "I was actually wondering if there was a nice way to ask for ...
Wedding Registry Etiquette - Questions About Wedding Giftswedding.theknot.com Ask Carley Q+A
Wedding Registry Etiquette - If you wondering what to register for TheKnot.com has everything on wedding registry etiquette. Have questions about wedding gifts? The ...
Wedding Gifts and Registry Etiquette and Advice : Brideswww.brides.com/wedding-answers-tools/wedding-etiquette/2010/06/...
Etiquette & Guests Wedding Gifts and Registry Etiquette & Advice Our etiquette experts answer all of your registry-related questions.
Wedding gift etiquette - How to give and receive wedding gifts ...www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uJK0rgX4MI
http://www.howdini.com/howdini-video-... Wedding gift etiquette - How to give and receive wedding gifts Buying a couple a wedding gift has never been ...
Etiquette Tagged With 'Wedding Gifts' Celebration Advisor ...www.weddingandpartynetwork.com/.../etiquette/?tdo_tag=wedding-gifts
Looking for answers concerning etiquette? Curious about wedding etiquette issues like who "walks the bride down the isle" or "who hosts the reception"? Wondering ...
A Wedding Anniversary Guide History, Themes, Gifts & Etiquettewww.streetdirectory.com/travel_guide/199105/wedding_bells/a...
Above all, any wedding anniversary celebration is a celebration of a couples love for one another and can be as large or small, formal or informal and private or ...
Etiquette on Wedding Gifts eHow - eHow How to Videos, Articles ...www.ehow.com Weddings Weddings & Gifts Wedding Gifts
When it comes to wedding gifts and the etiquette surrounding them, the hard and fast rules of tradition have been altered thanks to registries, gift cards and general ...
Etiquette for Money Wedding Gifts eHow - eHow How to Videos ...www.ehow.com Culture & Society Etiquette Wedding Etiquette
Etiquette for Money Wedding Gifts. Millions of couples walk down the aisle every year, and with weddings comes an entire set of etiquette rules, especially in the ...