Cash or Check
- In all situations, avoid giving cash bills as a wedding gift, as it can be considered tacky and appear rushed or insincere. Checks are the better alternative, and they also allow for the name of the giver to go with the monetary gift all the way to the bank. They are also cleaner and more presentable than a giant wad of cash.
Before the Wedding
- If you are giving the check before the wedding, write it out to either the bride or the groom, depending on who you are closest with. Don't write the bride's married name if it is before the wedding as there may be a chance that she decides to keep her maiden name.
At or After the Wedding
- For checks presented at or after the wedding, write it out to both the bride and the groom using their married names, or individual names if the bride will not be taking her husband's last name. For example, "Mr. and Mrs. Daren Smith" or "Mr. Daren Smith and Ms Cynthia Erickson."
- As checks are gifts of convenience, etiquette requires that they are written for significant amounts of money. Keep the check increments to one hundred, that is, $100, or $200 or $500. Never write a wedding check for $20. The amount you give will depend on your situation and relationship to the couple. To be safe, write it for $100.
- There are many check-sized gift cards available for purchase at greeting card stores and supermarkets. Make sure the card is wedding appropriate and comes with a white envelope. If you are feeling creative, consider adding scrapbooking embellishments to the envelope such as flowers, wedding bells or a bride and groom. Write the recipients' names on the envelope in neat calligraphy, if possible, and insert the card with the check into a postal-appropriate mailing envelope.
Wedding Gift Check Etiquette eHow - eHow How to Videos ...www.ehow.com Weddings Weddings & Gifts Wedding Gifts
Giving money is a great wedding gift if you are in a rush and unsure of what to give. If the bride and groom do not have a gift registry, a check is usually a good ...
Etiquette for Giving a Check as a Wedding Gift eHowwww.ehow.com Weddings Weddings & Gifts Wedding Gifts
Money is a great gift for both the marrying couple and the giver. Oftentimes money is a much more useful present for a new couple starting a life together, especially ...
Wedding Gift Etiquette - DoodleLyn on HubPagesdoodlelyn.hubpages.com Weddings and Wedding Planning
When you receive a wedding invitation in the mail, you are faced with a common and sometimes frustrating dilemma. The wedding gift!! What to get, how much to spend ...
Guide to Proper Wedding Gift Etiquette - About.com Etiquetteetiquette.about.com/od/Receptions/a/Guide-To-Proper-Wedding-Gift...
Follow some basic rules on wedding gift etiquette, including how much to spend, where to send the gifts, and what to expect in the event of a breakup.
Wedding Gift Etiquette Guide - Gift Ideas, Birthday Gifts, Mother ...www.gifts.com/Wedding-Etiquette.html
Wedding Gift Etiquette Nine tips for nuptial gifting from the editors of Gifts.com.
Wedding Etiquette - Wedding Invitation Etiquette - Wedding Gift ...wedding.theknot.com/wedding-questions.aspx
Wedding Etiquette - Learn the ins and outs of wedding invitation and gift etiquette online at The Knot.
Wedding gift etiquette - money gift etiquette, invitation wording ...www.honeyfund.com/etiquette
Honeyfund.com, the free honeymoon registry, demystifies wedding gift etiquette and explains the etiquette of money wedding gifts, what to put on your invitations ...
Wedding Etiquette - 10 Wedding Gift Registry No-No's - Yahoo ...voices.yahoo.com/wedding-etiquette-10-wedding-gift-registry-no-nos...
7/16/2010 Wedding Etiquette - 10 Wedding Gift Registry No-No's How to Avoid a Wedding Gift Registry Faux Pas
Wedaholic.com: The Etiquette Of Asking For Cash Wedding Giftswww.wedaholic.com/...etiquette_of_asking_for_cash_wedding_gifts.php
I received this question from a bride-to-be regarding the etiquette of how to ask for cash wedding gifts. "I was actually wondering if there was a nice way to ask for ...
Wedding Gift Giving Etiquette, Do's and Don't'swww.crystalizeweddinggift.com/wedding-gift-giving-etiquette.html
Gift Giving Etiquette. Gifts can be sent as early as the wedding invitation arrives. Early, right? The wedding has come and gone and you still haven't sent a gift?
Wedding Etiquette: If You Give a Bridal Shower Gift Do You Have to ...www.weddingwire.com/wedding-forums/wedding-etiquette-if-you-give...
I always have. The bridal shower gift is usually smaller than the wedding gift though.
Etiquette for figuring wedding gift of a dollar amount. - Ask Me ...www.askmehelpdesk.com Society & Culture Etiquette
I am having a difficult time arriving at the proper amount to give as a wedding gift for A friend of my son's wedding. This is NOT a relative. It's a
Wedding Gift Thank You Card Etiquette - About.com Etiquetteetiquette.about.com/od/Receptions/a/Wedding-Gift-Thank-You-Card...
Learn the proper etiquette for sending thank you cards for wedding gifts.
Wedding Invitations - Custom Templates, Unique Ideas & Etiquette Tipswww.weddingpaperdivas.comWedding Invitations Bridal Shower Save The Date Cards
Get 8 Free Wedding Invitations samples. Free design consultation, photo upload and unique personalization tools to ensure the perfect wedding invitations.
Etiquette Wedding Planning, Advice & Etiquettewww.mywedding.com/blog/planning/?s=etiquette
Your complete wedding planning guide. Find wedding photographers, wedding reception facilities, wedding ceremony sites, wedding cakes, wedding dresses, and more!
Wedding Gifts, Wedding Gift Ideas Perfect Wedding Guidewww.perfectweddingguide.com/wedding-gifts
Browse our ideas on unique wedding gifts and traditional wedding gifts to give to your bridesmaids and groomsmen.
Wedding Gift Giving Etiquette - Shop Wedding Favors, Baby Shower ...www.beau-coup.com/gift_giving_etiquette.htm
Beau-coup is your best source for useful tips and ideas for wedding gift etiquette.
Top Wedding Questions - Everything about your ceremony, the ...www.topweddingquestions.com
Contains wedding etiquette advice given in a forum style website.
Wedding Gift Etiquette Questions and Answers, Traditions Advice ...www.ourweddingday.com/advice/Traditions/Wedding-Gift-Etiquette...
Top 8 Questions Answered by Experts There are many questions regarding wedding gift etiquette; many of which are cut and dry, others that are not.